Wednesday 7 January 2009

Early Sowings

Itchy fingers time!

Trying an early start with some cauliflower in an attempt to get a head start before the club root.

Sowed 20 of each "Nautilus F1" and "Clapton F1", the latter supposedly being club root resistant. Whilst at it came across the tail end of a packet of "Greyhound" cabbage, so in they went as well.

Also discovered in the tin the other day a couple of packets of "Hi Keeper F1" winter onions that I'd totally forgotten about. It says they're OK for spring sowing - so nothing ventured & all that..... in they went as well.

Couldn't get any "Ambo" spuds from my local source this year, (my most successful spuds last year), so I've been rummaging through the sack to find some small ones to use as my own seed to make a row.

As I didn't get many small ones, I've had to sacrifice some of the medium sized spuds, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

No photo this time, seed trays with just compost in and dormant seed spuds are not very photogenic!

No comments: