Sunday 11 January 2009

Itchy Fingers (2)!

Thought I'd try a few leeks earlier than I normally do. Mine go in about March usually, using the world renowned cat litter trays. (Well they're renowned on http://www.allotment.org.uk anyway!).

Someone not errr unconnected with that site was kind enough to send me some seeds, one of which was a packet of Carlton F1 Leeks. There's not too many in the packet, (44 as it turned out to be), which is ideal, so I've popped them in a small seed tray.

As it's still quite cold, I've go against my usual principles of germinating this type of seed indoors and I'll pop them in one of our cooler rooms until they show themselves, then it's the greenhouse for them!

Next time I make an entry I'll try & put a photo up, otherwise this is going to get a bit dull with just text, but as last time, I don't see the point of a picture of a seed tray with nothing in it.

So you'll have to bear with me, as I'm hopefully keeping this up as a diary for my own benefit, something I've never managed to do before!

No comments: