Monday 26 January 2009

Itchy Fingers Continued

Can't stand it any longer, it's that Rich's fault plus a bit of a milder day with no rain!

I've sown some "Shirley" and "Brandywine" tomatoes, as well as "Jumbo" sweet peppers. Please bear in mind that I have the facilities to put these into a heated greenhouse when the time comes. Currently they are resident in my bedroom in propagators. (Plastic bags).

One confession - I forgot which were which after I sowed them, I dare say that at some stage of development, it'll be obvious - even if it's not until they fruit!

I've 5 more varieties of tomato to sow, but they will be staggered later on with a view to some going into the unheated greenhouse and some outside.

Update on the caulis - 19 of the 20 "Clapton" have germinated and 16 of the 20 "Nautilus" so far. If I get no more I'll be reasonably happy with 35 out of 40.

No comments: