Monday 23 March 2009

Sorry for the break in transmission

Apologies for not being around for a while, had problems with elderly mother suffering with progressing dementure and then I had about of illness. As a consquence I'm a bit behind now, but as my Grandfather used to say "Never mind boy, things will catch up". Whether I will is a different matter.

Not done a lot since last time, but the Shirley and Brandywine toms are all in individual pots now. Achieved 100% germination, so I've 20 of each. Both varieties of cauli also achieved 100%, so there's 20 of each needing to be potted on.

Tonight I've also made a sowing of 5 other varieties of tomato - Paul Robeson, Black Russian, Black Cherry, Tamina & Super Roma. There's a total of 80 seeds here, so there's a potential for 100 plants.

I think I may have overdone it.

1 comment:

Linzi said...

I hope that you are feeling better and that your mum is more comfortable now.

You will catch up, in your own time! Don't stress!

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm going to try the tinfoil business, my poppies were very floppy, and I hope that the tinfoil sorts out the other seedlings and prevents floppiness.

Hope my germination rates are as good as yours!!!

Linzi x x